Saturday, April 23, 2011

So much for Earth Day

Yesterday was Earth Day.  Did you do something to help save the earth yesterday?

Yeah me neither.

I did however, get my free cup of coffee at Starbucks.  Twice.  Don't judge.

I did notice something yesterday that was kind of the antithesis of Earth  Day.

I get my prescription medications from Cost.  Co.  I take a lot of prescription meds and I have not found another pharmacy that can even touch the prices I get there.

So yesterday I sent Joe to pick up my medications from Cost.  Co.

He come back with these:


You're probably thinking, "Yeah, o.k., those are pill bottles, so what's the problem?"




The problem is that my medications from Cost. Co in the past have always looked like this:



Do you see a problem here?

They almost doubled the size of their pill bottles!  Here's what it looks like inside:
What a waste!



When Joe asked them why they changed their bottles, they said they were getting their medication from a different supplier now.  

Ohhhhhh...........o.k.  Well then it's fine for you to pollute the environment with larger pill bottles then?

That's ridiculous.  I'm sure these are recyclable, but still, what's the point? 

 Not only are these wasteful they are a pain for me to store.  I used to keep all of my meds in a small plastic basket but now only a third of them fit in it.  I guess I'll have to get a larger one now.

What a pain.  And so much for Earth Day.





Day 19


6 comments:

Kim said...

I got my free Starbucks also..LOL..
Have a great Easter..
Hugz..

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I use Costco too for filling my prescriptions. I guess they are always shopping for the best deal to keep the prices low. But, that is really disgusting!

lea
xo

Sherri said...

that totally is a waste, I picked up a script a few weeks ago, and it looked just like yours....i'm thinking they forgot to put the rest in, with so much extra space left over.

ashley said...

just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy and blessed Easter.
:) Ashley

dawn said...

Hoppy Easter to you and yours too.
BTW, can't you just keep the old pill bottles and pour the pills into them. Rinse them out every so often. If's it the same amount and just refills you should have the correct bottles. Just Sayin'

Julie said...

Happy Easter!