Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Feeling Better

I'm done having my pity party now. My husband always seems to be able to make sense of things when I can't. He says the wait is what it is, and nothing is going to change it, especially stressing out over it. He also said that maybe it is supposed to take this long. It gives us more time to prepare. I should listen to him more often. Sometimes he makes a lot of sense :) Anyway, what's the best way to cure the referral blues? Why, to go to Disneyland of course. Yup, today I knocked off of work a little early and we went to the happiest place on Earth. We had so much fun! Lisa bought me a yearly pass for my birthday, and Joe got his today, so now we can go anytime we want. I love Disneyland. First we headed over to California Adventure to ride on The Hollywood Tower of Terror because neither of us had been on it before. This ride scared the heck out of me! I spent the entire ride clutching Joe's hand very tightly with my head buried in his shoulder. When I got off I told Joe I don't want to go on that ride again! Of course, now that a little bit of time has passed, I think I want to try it again. The funniest part of today was when we headed over to check out the Monster's Inc. ride. There was a Disney employee standing at the front of the ride and it was closed. Joe walked up to him and the following conversation took place:

Joe: "Hi! Why is the ride closed?"
Friendly Disney Employee: "Because we ran out of Scream".
Joe: "Huh?"
Friendly Disney Employee: "We ran out of Scream".
Joe: ?????
Friendly Disney Employee: "Our city runs on screams and we ran out, so the ride is closed".
Joe: "Ummmmm....O.K."
He then walked away and said to me "That man takes his job way to seriously!"

I thought it was so funny!


(If you have never seen the movie "Monster's Inc.", the monsters collect the screams of children and use them to power their city).


Oh, here's a picture of Joe and me on Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster's ride. I was so intent on winning that I have the Astro blaster gun completely blocking my face! Joe looks pretty serious too, but if you'll notice, I kicked his behind!

7 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

OMG soooo jealous! I too am a HUGE anything Disney fan so skipping out of work and going to Disneyland sounds like the best medecine for the referral blues! Sounds like you had a great time and found your smiles again. I keep looking at your ticker for LID and think how far you really have come. Even if it does feel like it's in sloooow motion. So keep playing hooky and enjoying your "two" time! Smiles from MT.
:-) Susan

Much Ado said...

Nothing like a bit of disneyland to chase away the blues!!! Laughed at the "running out of scream" bit - the employees really do "live it" there don't they? :)

Joannah said...

Looks like a fun day at the park. It's hard to be unhappy at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Michelle. Joe looks really bummed out he didn't win Astroblaster. I hope you guys had a great day and YES I am so jealous! :)

Hugs,
Jonni

Anonymous said...

I can totally sympathize with you about the LONG wait! Our LID is 10/24/06 and I get bummed as well! How fun to go to Disneyland!! I hope we can go this summer (family in LA)~!!! Tonja

Unknown said...

Lucky you! I would love to skip over to Disneyland for the day.

Colleen said...

You kicked his ARSE!! Good stuff. I LOVE Disney. My favorite place in the world. Never been to CA - only FLA (like 25 times...)