Monday, March 05, 2007

Referral Blues

I don't usually obsess about the referrals each month. I try not to. Usually I just go to the sites that have received one, drool over their referral photos and get my baby fix, and move on, knowing we are one month closer to Sophie. This month's referrals(or lack thereof) have gotten me down. Well, it'a not just the referrals. It's the projection of our wait time. If things continue as they have, we will not get our referral until 2009. Two. Thousand. and. Nine. I could be thirty nine years old before I have a child. I feel like an idiot decorating the nursery now. What's the point? For all I know we won't even be be living here in three years. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bed with the covers drawn up over my head. There will probably be some tears shed too. Happy Monday.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel it too! So do many others. It was a year ago we started this process, and thought the referral time would be about 10 mos. Wow, how things have changed...and maybe they will change again, for the better.

Take Care,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I just wrote my own post on this topic.

I'm not doing well with the Polyannaish thing. I hope there's Haagen Daaz under those covers.

Unknown said...

it seems like everyone is down today. we wont be logged in for another month but I can see this is going to be a long wait..Just more time to get to know you. I am praying that everyone has a quick wait. Praying for you, amy and michael

Gracencameronsmomy said...

It just sucks! I have to believe it will speed up!

Anonymous said...

I feel you! The closer we get, the slower things seem to be. We were told 6-8 months and we are "celebrating" 14 months on Saturday.

Hang in there!
Susan

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Go ahead and get under the covers for a little while until you feel like you can face the day again. Thinking about you.

Buffy said...

Aw...bless.