Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A new day

I am feeling much better. I'm not going to lie. I had a nice cry over the events that took place yesterday. I guess what I'm feeling now is confusion. The only thing I can think of is that some resumes came in since Wednesday that were awesome and would make the director look good if she hired them, and she regretted making her decision to hire me too soon. Because I know it is nothing that I did. I am highly professional. I am wonderful with the children. I got along well with the other staff. I did everything that was asked of me the day that I worked there. And at the end of the day, she offered me the job. There was no misunderstanding. Anyway, it is done. Moving on. I sent out four more resumes today and set up a job interview for later in the week. I will find something. I know that. I still pray that it will be soon, but if I have to wait a little longer to be sure it is the right job, then I will. This certainly has been a lesson in patience. Because I want this blog to be a more positive place both for me and people who visit, I am going to be doing something daily called Three Thanks. This is not my idea, I totally stole it from Heather over at Digging a Hole to China. She has given me permission to use it, and to invite you all to go over and visit her own site to give your three thanks every day. I have many things in my life to be thankful for. At times it is hard to focus on these things, especially when I am going through a rough patch, like I am now. Anyway, every day at the end of my post I will post three things I am grateful for, or my "Three Thanks". You are welcome to tell me what yours are for the day too, or you can go to Heather's Three Thanks site and list them there. I have been going over there almost every day for awhile now. I will probably still do that, but I would like to do it here also. I think it is important for me to focus on what is positive in my life and be grateful for each good thing that I have.

Three Thanks
1. Today I am thankful for the support of my husband. When I am upset he is always there for me, no matter what. Do you know what he said when I called him crying over that job yesterday? "They are idiots to not hire you and if that's how they conduct themselves then you don't want to work for them anyway." Everyone needs people like this in their lives. I am lucky.
2. I am thankful I remembered today was street sweeping day at Miss K's house and I didn't get a ticket(again). Hey, it's the little things, right?
3. I am thankful my husband is working during the week this week and has Friday evening off. He is usually gone on Fridays and I am home alone.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Michelle,
I know it is easy to forget the things we are thankful for when live seems overwhelming. This is a great idea.
1. I am thankful that my mother is home from the hospital and on the slow road to recovery.
2. I am thankful that finally today, I THINK I found a daycare for my little one that I might be comfortable with while my Mom recovers.
3. I am thankful that my girls are healthy and happy little people who bring great joy to my life.

Michele, Mom to Emily and Alyssa
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

Great idea Michelle. And Joe is right about those people. You will get something and will do an amazing job for some worthy organization.

My Thanks?

1-Losing the 2 lbs. today that I gained on the weekend.

2-Autumn quickly approaching! Yay!

3-Having fun today school shopping with my 2 girls in the waning days of summer.

Hugs,

Shell