Sunday, October 21, 2007

Something Strange is Going on around my House

The strangest things just happened. First I noticed a bee in the house. It was buzzing around the lampshade. I calmly(ha!) mentioned it to my husband, and he took care of it. Then I saw another one! Wierd! And then! A wasp! In my house! And then another one! I'll stop with the exclamation points now. As soon as Joe killed one, another one would appear. I was really freeaking out at this point. Where are they coming from? What do they want from us? Then I realized they were crawling in through the doggy door. Eeeeeewwwww......it's like something from a horror movie! Of course we removed the doggy door immediately, and killed all remaining insects in the house. Are they coming inside to escape the smoke? The smoke is pretty thick out there. If anyone knows, please share. It is creeping me out.

3 comments:

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

It makes sense they would be trying to escape the smoke. Scary.

Lisa and Tate said...

Sorry there is so much yucky smoke! Hope you are safe!

Hey I love your new bloggy look!!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

you want horror movie...when we lived in Vermont a small brown dot and a scratching noise appeared in the ceiling over our bed...I thought a mouse!!! but no..it gets better...the spot got bigger after a day or so so I told my DH to get up on the bed and poke it..I dont know why he listened to me but he did and his finger went THROUGH THE CEILING and a swarm of wasps came out..he screamed like a girl and dove out of the room! We jammed the door with a towel and called the pest people...apparently this kind of wasp eats drywall and extrudes the concrete/plaster as it's nest! That's why Mike's finger went through the cieling, they had eaten a hole in it and left the paper backing! DISGUSTING!

Hayley