Friday, October 26, 2007

Date Night

My husband has a rare Friday night off. We're going to the movies. And maybe dinner. We'll see how it goes. I don't want to put myself into shock by doing too many things on the same night! We very rarely go out. And never at night. We're like two senior citizens. The other day, after all of those doctor's appointments, we found ourselves picking up dinner at four thirty. Four. Thirty. I'm pretty sure no one ordered the senior special though. Or maybe Joe did. I don't know. Sometimes I don't pay attention. But I digress. So we're going to the movies. We're going to see Dan in Real Life. I'm not usually a movie kind of girl. I have a short attention span. Usually about halfway through a movie I find my mind wandering and I start thinking about the hundreds of things I could be doing instead of sitting in a dark room. I also hate crowds. And sitting that close to a stranger. In a chair that is never cleaned. But I'm not an anti-social freak. I swear. My husband, on the other hand, loves the movies. He loves nothing better than to spend all day sitting in a dark room, losing himself in the story taking place on screen. So we compromise. We go to the movies a couple of times a month. Always after the movie has been out for a few weeks, and always during the day when it is cheaper. Once in a blue moon a movie preview will strike my fancy and I'll feel the urge to go see it right away, because I am sure I will love it. I don't listen to movie critics. I decide purely from the trailer. It's like judging a book by its cover, I know. But it works for me for the most part. Dan in Real Life was one such movie that appealed to me the moment I saw the preview. So we're headed out right now to see it. I hope it's not too crowded. I'll let you know what I think(without spoiling any major plot points). TGIF!

No comments: