Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Isn't it Ironic.

We just received the packet from my husband's new Health Insurance Plan with explanation of coverage. Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that his new insurance covers 90 percent of the cost of IVF? (After carrying him on my plan for fourteen years that covered not one cent of infertility treatments and three months after I have a hysterectomy). Still not feeling thankful. I will tomorrow. I promise. (Oh, and having ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife is not ironic. I'm just sayin').

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Yep, pretty ironic, but as someone who went through IVF twice, adoption is much more rewarding, at least you know you will get your baby in the end. Hey! The CCAA finally finnished Nov.05, we are only 10 years away from referral now;)
Courtney

Laura said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry. As Courney said though, IVF is so often unsuccessful, and you were in so much pain. Think of how miserable you were! Still, I think it is totally normal for this news to be upsetting. You are right, time will help. Hang in there! Hugs.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

I am sorry. What a blow.

On the flip side maybe a higher power knew that if you had this coverage earlier that you would have never stopped the infertility roller coaster.

In my personal experience I know that if I had IVF coverage I would have continued TTC until I was 90. There would not have been closure. I would not have the beautiful children I have now. I could well still be childless and planning for the next IVF.

My body is also starting to show signs of damage from the previous fertility drugs I took. If I would have had IVF coverage I would have continued overworking my ovaries.

Hugs !

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

ROTFLMAO

OMGOSH my last post had the funniest word verification ever.

Zitbut. (lmao lmao lmao)

Tasha Kent said...

God.. don't get me started on insurance companies. Mine won't cover my soon-to-be-daughter so I need to find another plan outside of work.

Totally sucks.

Hang in there!