Friday, May 25, 2007

This is my Life



It's that time of year again. No, not Spring. (Well, technically it is spring, but that isn't what I mean.) It's the end of the semester for community Colleges across California. What does that mean for me? It means my house looks like this. Everywhere I look are stacks and stacks of papers and portfolios to be graded. And they are spread all over my living room floor. And I can't move them, because they are "organized"(yeah, right) by school and class. You see, my husband is an adjunct English professor at three different community colleges. He teaches a total of six classes. There are on average about twenty students per class. You do the math. (In case you don't want to do the math, that's 120 students). Each student had to turn in a final paper, as well as their portfolio, which consisted of their best work. I don't even know how many papers that is. I don't think I want to. Anyway, tonight my husband went off to his part time job, with strict orders not to move any of his "stacks" until he gets them graded and recorded. They are driving me crazy. Did I mention I live in a 900 square foot apartment? No matter where I look I see papers. I think I may just go to bed now.

No comments: