Thursday, May 31, 2007

Well, it seems that the majority of the advice I have received is to just relax and enjoy my time off. So today, that's what I did. We spent the entire morning at the Beach, and the rest of the afternoon at the movies. Now that's what I call relaxing! We saw "Pirates". It was pretty good. A little long for me though. Tomorrow I have an appointment in the morning, and have to drop off a birthday present in the afternoon for a friend at work. My former workplace. That sounds wierd. Anway, I should be pretty busy. That ought to keep me from moping around too much. I think I will take Alyson's advice and make a list of things I want to get done while I am home. That way if I get even one thing done on the list I'll feel as though I have accomplished something. As for Tess, she is doing so much better. And yet not her old self yet. She is able to get up and around on her own, but she still has a slight head tilt and falls down a lot. She even managed the doggie door all by herself yesterday. She is determined, I'll give her that. We still don't know if she will recover fully or not. That remains to be seen. But she is so much better than when this whole thing started a week ago, we are very hopeful. She seems quite happy, and was even trying to jump around a bit while outside, but if the Vet told us that this was as good as she was going to get, we would have to really consider her quality of life. My main concern is that she be able to get up and around on her own and that she be able to get in and out of the doggie door. Oops, there goes the timer telling me diner is ready, so I better go.

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Very relaxing!

JMCS said...

I am glad that you got to enjoy a nice relaxing day at the beach and the movies. It's also so good to hear that Tess is doing better. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Jonni