Friday, November 11, 2005

100 Things About Me

Well, here it is. My "100 things about me" list. I've been reading blogs for awhile now, and this is something we bloggers do when we reach our hundredth post. So here goes.....

100 things about me

1. I am almost 35 years old.
2. I truly believe I am married to my soul mate.
3. I have two dogs, a cat, and a turtle.
4. I have a twin sister. People always ask me if it is fun having a twin. I always say yes, but truthfully I don’t know what it’s like NOT to have one, so I don’t really know the answer to that question.
5. I work with children and I love it.
6. I have never had another job besides working with children.
7. I am highly underpaid.
8. I grew up in Orange County, and live there now.
9. I took four years of Spanish in High School, yet cannot even formulate one sentence.
10. I have enough college units to obtain two A.A. degrees. Liberal studies and Early Childhood Education. It states Liberal studies as my major on my diploma.
11. My favorite movie is “When a Man Loves A Woman”
12. My favorite singer is James Taylor.
13. I have all but three of his C.D.’s and have seen him in concert 11 times.
14. I love candy.
15. I love to read, but rarely put the time aside to do it.
16. I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day.
17. I love scary movies, but they often give me nightmares.
18. I’ve never gotten a ticket(moving violation)Parking tickets don’t count!
19. Family is very important to me.
20. I love dogs. If I could I would have at least four or five.
21. I have blue eyes. People often comment on how blue they are.
22. My favorite holiday used to be Christmas.
23. Since my mom died, it is too sad to be my favorite. My favorite now is Easter.
24. I love rain. I wish it rained more where I live.
25. I love Disneyland. I try to go at least once a year, even though I don’t have kids.
26. I’ve seen Rent four times. I know the words to every song in it.
27. I am Christian. I don’t attend church as often as I should, but I have strong faith.
28. I have cried myself to sleep more times than I can count in the last four years.
29. This is not where I thought I would be at almost 35 years old.
30. I live in an apartment, but sometimes don’t tell people because I am embarrassed that I can’t buy a house.
31. I don’t like watching any kind of sports.
32. I used to have a horse. I miss having one.
33. I have had no living grandparents since I was ten years old.
34. I am adopted.
35. I sometimes think about my biological mother. Not that often.
36. I listen mostly to country music.
37. I love to take pictures.
38. I love to create scrapbooks, but am currently far behind.
39. I suffer from depression.
40. I have only been with one man in my life.
41. Fall is my favorite season.
42. I am a worrier.
43. I am overweight and currently doing nothing about it.
44. I am not a morning person, yet I have had a job for the last 13 years where I have to be there at 6:45 a.m.
45.I don’t have a favorite color.
46. My feelings are easily hurt.
47. I don’t play any instruments.
48. I doodle when I’m on the phone.
49. I find it hard to make friends.
50. I love camping in Big Sur, but don’t go often enough.
51. I am a pretty good cook, but don’t cook very often.
52. I have only three first cousins.
53. I had mono when I was twelve.
54. I have broken only one bone(my ankle, when I fell off my horse at age 12).
55. I snore terribly. I have sleep apnea. I am supposed to sleep with a CPap machine on my face, but I haven’t in two years. I am about to get one again.
56. I was afraid of the dark as a child. I still am. Ask my husband.
57. I have absolutely no sense of direction.
58. I have never lived alone.
59. I let my dogs sleep in bed with me. Under the covers.
60. I’ve never tried drugs of any kind. I am proud of this.
61. I used to be asthmatic, but seem to have grown out of it.
62. I care what others think of me, and I hate it.
63. I have never been pregnant.
64. I’m afraid I never will be.
65. I don’t enjoy going to the movies. I always feel there are more productive things to be done.
66. I despise humid weather.
67. I love candles.
68. I can’t sing.
69. I’m terrified of spiders.
70. I’m addicted to popsicles. It started when my nephew came to visit last Easter and I had to buy popsicles for him. Now I HAVE to have them almost every night.
71. I will never bungee jump or parachute from a plane.
72. I found a turtle in the gutter by our house and spent a hundred dollars on an aquarium for him(her?). I’m told he will live for at least 40 years. That is more of a commitment than I bargained for, but I feel responsible for him now.
73. I am not at all graceful.
74. I’ve seen the movie “Grease” more times than I can count.
75. I used to be able to recite every line from the movie “The Breakfast Club”.
76. My birthday is January 5th. Because it is so close after Christmas, people often forget it.
77. I make lists, but rarely complete what’s on them.
78. My ears are pierced, but I never wear earrings.
79. I suffer from insomnia quite often. It is horrible.
80. I rarely(never?) wear high heels.
81. I was married on Valentine’s Day. At the time I thought it was romantic. Now I think it is a pain.
82. I spend way too much time on the computer.
83. I have way too much free time(see post #82)
84. I don’t like change.
85. I know the words to every song that comes on the radio. It doesn’t matter what genre. Rock, Country, Top 40, Oldies, 80’s, soft rock, you name it. If it comes on the radio, you can bet I know at least some of the words.
86. My husband thinks this is funny.
87. I like to collect things, but get bored easily and switch to something else before my collection gets too big.
88. I love my niece and nephew like they are my own children.
89. I hate snakes, yet there are two living in my house currently. My husband likes them.
90. I have not been unemployed since I was 16.
91. I have endometriosis that causes me a lot of pain. I have had two surgeries to get rid of it. I am about to have another.
92. I used to be afraid of roller coasters, but now I love them.
93. I didn’t do very well in school, from grade school to my first year of college.
My parents said I didn’t apply myself.
94. My second year of college(after getting married and taking a two year break) I got straight A’s, after simply deciding to do so. I even made the Presidents list once.
95. I think my parents may have been right.
96. I have low self esteem.
97. I am very quiet in a group of people I don’t know well, but often talk too much around those I am comfortable with.
98. I have a short attention span.
99. I am afraid of heights
100. My husband says to be sure and include that I make the best potato tacos.

No comments: