Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am NOT an alcoholic!

Well, that big storm they talked about on the news ended up being not so big. We actually got very little rain from it. We were able to take the kids outside for lunch and to play. This really helps me keep my sanity. We had 78 children attend yesterday, and 89 today. Eighty-Nine!(said very slowly for dramatic effect.) And I fed every one of those kids lunch! To say the least, I am very tired. I had a lot of pain today. A LOT. I spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom. Of course, with that many bodies in the room I got no peace in there at all. All three times I was in there kids were knocking on the door, jiggling the handle, or just standing outside the door calling my name. Not conducive at all to relaxation, which is what I am trying to do in there. I find if I can stretch my body out a little(sit on the floor) and breathe slowly the pain is not as intense. It still takes around 15-20 minutes before I feel O.K. Fifteen minutes seems like forever when someone is knocking on the door waiting for you to come out. Joe is going to call my doctor tomorrow and nicely suggest we get things going. I can't live like this every month. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have said this! I'm having quite a bit of pain right now. Joe is fixing me something that we have found helps. I will tell you what it is, but you have to promise not to judge me. It's Tequila. Yes, you read right, I said Tequila. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a drinking problem. I actually drink very little. I have gone months, even a whole year, without having a drop of alcohol(does this sound strangely like something an alcoholic would say?). We kind of stumbled upon this by accident. We were out at a Mexican restaurant and I was in quite a bit of pain. Joe suggested I have a margarita to help me relax. I resisted, but he ordered one for me anyway, so then I had to drink it! I wouldn't want him to feel bad! Anyway, I noticed that my pain was decreased considerably after drinking it. So the next time I had an "episode", I tried it again. And you know what? It worked! So now when I am having particularly bad episodes(like the last three months), I will drink a Margarita to help ease my pain. At this point I am going to do anything that will help me deal with the pain. You can think what you want, but I do not have a drinking problem!(I really don't!)

No comments: