Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Big Announcement

O.K. I promised to tell you our good news soon, and I decided that today is the day! So here goes....Drum-roll please!
We are going to adopt a baby from China! Some of you already knew this, but I hadn't officially put it on my blog yet. So we are in the process called the "paper-chase". We've chosen our agency, *************** and we've started filling out the paperwork. My Dad has graciously agreed to help us with the financial part. Thanks Dad! We have wanted to do this very much ever since Gracie came home, and now we finally can! We are so excited! We know it is a long process, but we are ready to be patient and take it one step at at time.
The waiting will be worth it once we bring home our beautiful Chinese daughter. I even bought a baby blanket yesterday. I know it's early, but I've waited a long time for this and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! Right now we are busy filling out the forms that we can, making appointments for our fingerprints and physicals, and getting our apartment ready for the home-study. There's a lot to be done, but we're just so excited to get started. We have thought long and hard about this decision. The longer we traveled on this infertility journey, the more we realized that is wasn't simply a biological child that could fulfill our dreams of becoming parents. What we truly wanted was to start a family, and families come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. We both love Gracie so much. It matters not at all that she came from a different country and not from my sister's womb. She is our niece as much as Cameron is our nephew. And our daughter will be as much our daughter as any child that we could conceive on our own. I know it's hard for some people to understand, but we know in our hearts we are making the right decision. We hope you can be happy for us, and support us the same way you would if I had announced we were pregnant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One big fat squishy enormous congratulations. I'm thrilled for you!

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Yeah, Gracie and Cameron will have a cousin from China!! I want to go...
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!!!! This is big news!!!!!

-- Teena