Monday, January 02, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away...Please!

O.K. It's still raining here. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Enough is enough already! I was imagining a day at the park, complete with a picnic, but I guess we'll have to settle for the indoor playground at Burger King and a walk in the rain to splash in the puddles later instead. Lisa and Scott left last night to spend the night in Fresno before embarking on the drive to Long Beach for their cruise today. So far things have gone quite smoothly, despite the continuing rain. Tomorrow might be a little more challenging, getting up early to get Cameron to school in the morning. Wednesday is going to be a nightmare because both kids have school, we have to get to the airport immediatly after picking them up, then the switch over to the babysitter that will be watching them the rest of the week until Mommy and Daddy come home Friday evening. I'll be back to work on Thursday, which is also my birthday. Things will get back to normal, and it'll be like I never left! I can't remember the last time I had three and a half weeks off. On one hand it flew by, but on the other it seems like forever since I went to work. I'll tell you one thing, I sure don't miss getting up at 5:15 a.m.! Oh well, I guess I'll get back into the swing of things pretty quickly. We had a nice dinner out on Saturday for our birthdays. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I went to sleep at 10:30 and didn't wake up at midnight to welcome in the new year like I usually do! It was kind of a mellow New Year's Eve this year. We're off to brave the rain and the multitude of children at the Burger King playground. More later.

No comments: