Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes. You guys sure do know how to make a girl feel special. My birthday was fairly uneventful. I am still feeling pretty under the weather, so I stayed home all day. In my P.J.'s. I think I may have a pretty bad sinus infection. The pain and pressure behind my eyes was horrible. It seems better today. It was a cold and rainy day, so it was a perfect stay-at-home-in-your-pajamas-and-watch-movies day. Joe didn't get me anything because we are so totally broke right now. But that's okay. When things settle down he promised I could go and pick out a watch from here. I already have a $50.00 credit there, so I won't feel too badly about spending so much on myself. My friend from work brought me a cake on Friday(and some balloons and flowers!), so we had that last night. Thanks D! She also got me a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory, which we will use probably next weekend. So nice. My sister went way over the top and got me one of these:

















It's a navigation system! I am so stoked. She got one for Christmas and I used it the whole time we were there. I'll never get lost again! She also got me some pretty cool scrapbooking software too. How lucky am I? Pretty lucky. I'm thinking about staying in my pajamas again today. I want to kick this cold out as soon as possible. Well, not all day, as we're meeting some friends for dinner at a Japanese restaurant that does Teppan(think Benihana's). So I'm looking forward to that. And I'm done feeling sorry for myself about the whole not being a Mom because I'm so old thing. 37 is starting out pretty good. Bring it on!

4 comments:

Stacey T. said...

You know what? I am such a DORK. I always forget your guys are twins. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! I want one of those gps navigators. We have a handheld, but there's something about the voice telling you where to go that is so appealing!! Stay in bed. Birthdays should last 2 days or even 3!

DeAnn said...

Im glad you got a GPS system! Your sister rocks... I havent even unpacked mine from christmas.. I cant even find mine! I managed to unpack 4 boxes in my kitchen.. then I had to go sit down.. it's a dreary day and all I want to do is sleep!
oh.. ps.. your the only person I would consider being my friend..It sucks that the old friends we have arnt are friends anymore but it's their loss ya know!

redmaryjanes said...

All I can say is, you are younger than me girl. So...shake it off! The best is yet to come.

Sybil said...

I turned 40 while in China, 37 isn't too old by a long shot. I am so much better of a mother now than I would have been at 25 - those years of experience and perspective made all the difference for me. You'll be great.