Thursday, January 10, 2008

This is kind of random. I don't think I have ever shared this before, but my husband writes beautiful poetry. His is after all an English Professor, and has a Master's degree in English. He writes much of his poetry for me. It truly is beautiful. It often makes me cry. He doesn't let me share it here because he says it is very private and is only for me and him to read. I respect that. But sometimes it is so beautiful that I want to post it here for the world to see and shout "Read this! It is so beautiful! My husband wrote it!" But I don't. Because he asked me not to. I'm thinking that in honor of Valentine's Day and our fifteenth wedding annniversary next month, I may convince him to let me share some of it. I'll see what I can do. He is having a hard time of it lately. Again, because of his privacy I can't share what's going on, but I feel so badly for him and want so much to help in some way. He is always taking care of me. He takes me to my docotor appointments. He picks up my medicine from the pharmacy. He cleans the house and cooks when all I want to do is lie in bed all day. I'm not as good of a caretaker as he is. I have much guilt about that. I try to be better. With marginal success. The truth is, it's hard for both of us right now. We're struggling financially. Everyone is, I'm sure, because of Christmas. We have some other financial issues that we're dealing with on top of that, along with struggling to pay the astronomical COBRA fees to keep my health insurance up. Right now we're behind. I don't qualify for health care through my job until March and right now I wonder if we'll make it that long. I think about letting it lapse, if only for a short time. But I have to have continuous coverage in order to qualify for my job's plan. So I can't afford to keep the plan I have, but I can't afford to be without it. But there is no healthcare crisis in this country. Sigh. Anyway, the point of this post was that I am worried about my husband. Send good thoughts our way. Please. It will be fine. I know that. I just wish there was something I could do to make it better for him. All I can do is hug him and tell him I love him and that it wil all be okay.

No comments: