Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am trying to take things little by little. Like I told myself last night after I cried myself to sleep, "If I can just get up and go to work tomorrow, than I'll be O.K". Then after I did that I said "If I can just get to work and make it to lunch time, then I'll be O.K". And now I'm telling myself "If I can make it until five, then I can go home and crawl into bed and then I'll be O.K". It appears to be working so far. 



There's this thing in "Blog Land" that people do every Thursday, called "Thursday Thirteen".

Basically it is just a list of thirteen things about a certain topic. Like, your favorite musicians or thirteen things about your house, etc. In the spirit of focusing on the positive, I thought I would list thirteen things I love about my husband. Because he really is an amazing man. He has just made some very bad choices lately. I don't know where we stand right now. We're kind of muddling through, day by day. But I do know this. I love him.

Thirteen Things I Love About My Husband:




1. His smile. It warms my heart.


2. He is the smartest man I know. He lacks some common sense. But dude-is he smart. My co-worker and I often ponder over things like politics or the war in Iraq and whenever we don't know something(which is every single time), I'll say, "Let me call my husband". And he knows the answer. Every single time.

3. He takes care of me. He goes with me to every single doctor's appt. I have(which are many), he picks up my prescriptions, he makes me dinner when I just don't have energy.

4. He is the most tolerant person I know. He firmly believes that every single person living on this earth is equal to the other. Regardless of Race, Faith, Political Party, Sex, or Economic Status. His favorite saying is "We are all the same. We are Human." He will not allow any kind of stereotype or racial slur to be uttured in his presence. Don't even think of saying something like "Women(or Asians) are bad drivers" or "Jewish people are cheap", or "Blondes are dumb.". Nothing infuriates him more. Nothing. I love that about him.

5. He writes beautiful poetry. For me.

6. He is an amazing teacher. I love to sit in the back of his classroom and watch him teach a class. He is funny and charming, yet firm and in total control of the class. You do not want to give him any Sh**. You will lose that argument.

7. He says Hello to every single person that walks by him. It doesn't matter if they answer back or not.

8. He will watch any television show that interests me. We watch Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, Super Nanny, Grey's Anatomy, and So You Think you Can Dance together, even though these shows really don't interest him in the least. Same goes for Movies. He will see any Chick Flick I want to see.

9. He has gotten dressed at ten o' clock at night, driven to the store, and returned with chocolate ice cream, just because I really wanted it. Many, many times.

10. When I said I wanted for us to adopt a little girl from China, he said "O.K.", without missing a beat. No questions, no doubts, no fear. Just "Let's do it".

11. He dislikes the dog we have at the moment, because she's not really his(I kind of dumped her on us a few years ago), she is not housebroken, and she is not the brightest light bulb in the pack. Yet I have come out of our bedroom after going to bed and he is cuddled up on the couch with her laying on his chest.

12. He lets me decorate my house with a Shabby Chic theme, with Roses, and purple and teacups, even though he really doesn't like it. But I like it. So he looks past it.

13. He brings me presents all the time. A book from work. A candy bar from the store. Some bath products he got when he was at the Mall and just happened to walk by Bath and Body.

There you go. 13 things I love about my husband. I could go on even longer. But I'm tired. I think we're gonna be O.K. It's like he said yesterday. " I know I screwed up. But we can always begin again."

I guess that's what we'll try to do. Begin again.

4 comments:

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

I honestly think it is healthy that you posted yesterday. Clearly this is something you need to talk about. I honestly think your marriage is in crisis and you are not going to resolve the issues without a sounding board.

I am sorry work continues to be so tough. The bottom line is the person before you left for a reason. Do you know what that reason was?

Remind me how long you have been there.

OH MY #6 said...

Check out my BLOG. You have been tagged.

Lea

OH MY #6 said...

I am so impressed that you did those 13 points.

Lea

~verna said...

That's a great list. Keep thinking of those things and I think you will make it through. Blessings.