Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I was gonna do a post about my New Year's resolutions for this year, but then I got bored so I'll just leave you with this little tidbit.

We got in from San Francisco around five-thirty. After such a long time in the car we were tired so we picked up dinner and came home to relax. Joe was channel surfing and the movie "Music and Lyrics" with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant was on, so we watched it. It wasn't that great. Anyway, at the end of the movie Hugh Grant's character and Drew Barrymore's characters start kissing and she jumps up and wraps her legs around his waist.
I turned to my husband and said "Remember when we could do that? There's now way we could do that now. Your knees are bad and I'm too heavy. Gosh I feel old."
Do you know what my husband did then?
He got up off of the couch and went to stand in the dining room.
I said "What are you doing?".
He asked me to come over to where he was.
I was like "Why?"
He said "We could totally still do that. You are not too heavy and we are not too old. Come over here."
I said "No Way. I'm too heavy. You'll hurt yourself."
He said "Get over here!"
After much persuading on his part, I finally got up and joined him in the dining room.
And you know what? We totally did it! And nobody got hurt! I'm sure it wasn't pretty, but we did it :)
Now that's romance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!

Joannah said...

You guys are so cute!

rubyiscoming said...

grin- that is lovely - i needed a little romance and a smile :)

Everyone Has a Story... said...

Totally cool

Brandi said...

Awww!!!

Keep it up...that's what keeps you young!