Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not much going on here. That's why I've been so quiet. Thank you for the kind comments on my last post. I really didn't intend to write about those feelings when I came here that day. My plan was just to tell another funny story about something my husband had done and everything else just kind of spilled out. After writing it, I'll admit I was a little worried. The last time I wrote about grieving the loss of a biological child I received some comments and e-mails telling me that perhaps I wasn't ready to adopt if I was still having those kinds of feelings.

I think Fuzz and Fuzzlet summed it up perfectly in her comment when she said "Adoptions cures childlessness, it does not cure infertility". So true.

I am enjoying the three day weekend, although I have spent much of it alone. Joe has been working every night and is asleep most of the days. I did have the chance to get out of the house today and have lunch with a friend. Thanks DeAnn!

The plan was for us to go to the beach tomorrow, but Joe is working tonight and tomorrow night and I'm afraid he will be too tired. How I wish he didn't have to work this second job.

Still, very grateful to have tomorrow off. And cannot believe it is September already. I do love the summer, but September, October, November and December are my very favorite months of the year. Love me some holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. All of them. Bring em' on!

2 comments:

Kayce said...

You are too cute Michelle! Whine away, it's your blog and yes graveyard sucks big time!!

Sorry about the "chat" today, I should have thought! I know what you mean about FB...can you say text twirl? Good stuff!

OH MY #6 said...

Michelle,

I love the fall too! Sorry you are having such a hard time with you DH shifts. That does sound nasty!

lea
xo