Friday, September 02, 2005

Another funny story..

As you know, the last few days have been stressful, dealing with new parents who don't want to leave their "babies" at child care. Yesterday I had an "incident" with one of them regarding her child's lunch. First she asked me if I could refrigerate her child's lunch for her, to which I had to keep myself from laughing out loud! We have 40 kids at lunch. They don't make a fridge big enough for that many lunches! After explaining to her our no refrigeration rule, she says "Then can you just put his yogurt in there?" To which I replied "No. I'm sorry. We don't refrigerate lunches." To which she replied "But it's just yogurt. It is very small." And she held up her hands to give me a measurement of how small it was. I was becoming annoyed at this point(what part of no don't you get?) so I replied "Yes, I 've seen yogurt before. And no, I'm sorry I can't put it into the fridge." She then gets the yogurt out of the lunch pail and shows it to me! Does she think that I don't understand what she is saying or that I have never seen a container of yogurt before so I can't possibly understand how small it is? I politely explained to her that we cannot refrigerate any part of her child's lunch and she might want to purchase an ice pack for future use. Then I walked away from her. If anyone reading this has children that go to day care, please, please appreciate your day care provider! You have no idea how much cr** they have to put up with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just floating by in cyberspace. Thought I would say Hi.
nonprofit direct mail

Gracencameronsmomy said...

To stop unwanted advertising, you can put a "word verification" thingy(exactly what is't called) on your comments...

Gracencameronsmomy said...

I just bought a ladybug bracelet-$3.00 for shipping? Seems steep...Do relatives get a discount??