Saturday, September 10, 2005

We received the adoption packet yesterday! Finally! When we first got it, we were sooo happy and excited. Now we officially begin the process of adopting our daughter. The excitement was short lived though, when we opened it and saw all that has to be done. OH. MY. GOSH. It is going to take us a year just to get the documents together to turn in the adoption packet! Let alone start on our dossier! To say the least, I was a BIT overwhelmed. It was a good thing I had therapy yesterday! I'm not sure Joe would have had the energy to listen to me go on for an hour about how completely freaked out I am about this. I am somewhat calmer today. (Really, I am!) My job in the next 4-5 months is going to be to try and take things one at a time. I am terrible at that! I am a classic multi-tasker! You should see me at work! I can tie a shoe, change games on the computer, talk on the phone, AND give a child a threatening look while gesturing with my hand for them to stop jumping on the couch, all at the same time! I am so ready to be a mom! It is going to be very hard for me to just worry about one thing at a time.(There are sooo many other things to worry about!) Again my mantra for this week is going to be BREATHE.

1 comment:

Gracencameronsmomy said...

It's not as bad as it seems...just get the papers together and take it one step at a time...
Lisa