Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I haven't written much lately, mostly because there isn't a lot to say. Had a very uneventful three day weekend. I was sick for part of it, so we didn't go anywhere. We're used to staying home, so it didn't bother me too much, although I would have preferred not to be sick! I am still waiting for the adoption packet in the mail. I don't know what the hold up is. I spoke with them on the phone on Tuesday and they said it was already in the mail. It looks as though the home study is the very first thing that needs to be done, so we have to get the loan before we can get started. We will need that $2100 up front before they will come out for the first of three visits. I am not good at waiting! I really want to get this process started! I have already ordered some of the documents we will b needing, like Joe's birth certificates(2) and another marriage certificate. We will be needing two of each document. One for China and one for here. We also have to get a physical and blood tests right off the bat, which are not covered by our insurance. As well as livescan fingerprinting twice each! That part is so dumb because I JUST had my fingerprints live scanned two weeks ago for work but those won't do. They must be done again! It is a very slow, tedious process. I have to just take it day by day and remember to BREATHE. Maybe, just maybe this time next year we will have a daughter! It will all have been worth it, 5 times over.

No comments: