Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hell week is officially over(for me anyway, there are people there right now that have to be there until 6:00. Sorry guys!) I am so relieved!. It was such a hectic week! My job can be stressful on a "normal" day(CAN be? Who am I kidding?). It is a thousand times more stressful when the entire school is turned upside down with carnival rides and game booths. The kids have to walk through the parking lot to get to our portable building. That means even at 7:00 in the morning they come in hyper!After passing by all of those rides every day for the last 4 days, they are so wound up! Add to that the fact that they can't play on half the playground OR the field and can see how much of a nightmare it has been for me! But now it's over. Yay!

I had an interesting call from my doctor's office today.(Primary Care Physician) He is pissed because I am way overdue for my thyroid test. It is very very difficult for me to get to the lab to have a fasting blood test done because I have to be at work at 6:45 in the morning. I have to leave my house at 6:15 to make it to there on time. The labs don't open until 6:30. There isn't anybody to open for me, so I have would have to go to work, and then leave work to go get my blood drawn. The earliest I could leave is 9:00. I get up at 5:30 a.m. I simply cannot go from 5:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. without eating anything or at the very least having a cup of coffee! You DO NOT want to be around me for 3 and 1/2 hours without coffee! So anyway, my doctor's office calls me and is mad because I haven't had my blood drawn in a very long time. So they tell me they can't refill my thyroid medication until I get it done. The problem is, I ran out of it today, and the soonest I can get my blood drawn is next Tuesday. I have already made arrangements for it. They don't want me to get my blood drawn if I am off my medication(the test will show I am low), but they won't refill my medication until I get it done. Does this make any sense at all? So I am trying to explain to her that I NEED my medication refilled so I can go on Tuesday to get my blood drawn, but she won't do it! After arguing with her a few minutes I told her to figure out what the doctor wanted me to do and call me back. She hasn't called me as of yet, but I called the pharmacy and my medication has not been refilled. So I guess I will go off of my medication, then get my blood drawn on Tuesday, and the test will come back low. At which point the doctor will refill my medication, then make me go back in a month and be retested(in which case I will be in the same boat I am in right now!) Why can't anything ever be easy?

No comments: