Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Almost back to normal

I'm finally starting to feel better. Almost normal. I can hardly wait to get the stitches out tomorrow. They are itchy and irritating me like crazy. It looks like some of the skin has grown over them, so it is going to hurt like heck to get them out. Oh well, what's a little more pain? I was about to go to bed fifteen minutes ago, when something horrifying happened. Joe thinks it is funny. I think it is horrifying. I went into the bedroom to take my sleeping pill, like I do most nights. I turn the corner to go into the bathroom, flip on the light, and reach for the bottle, which is sitting on the shelf right above the toilet. As I reach for it, I look down into the toilet and see.....a snake!!!! A huge snake, it's whole body wound around the toilet seat, and its head in the toilet! Of course I begin immediately screaming at the top of my lungs. I had to have woken the neighbors upstairs, and probably the ones next door too. I'm surprised no one called the police, I was screaming so loud! So Joe comes running into the bedroom to see what's the matter, and starts laughing as soon as he sees what I am screaming about. He turns to me and says, "Oh, I wonder how he got out?" You see the snake is HIS. It lives in an aquarium in our bedroom, but I make him cover it with a sheet because I can't stand looking at it. Most of the time I forget we even have it. In fact, when I saw it in the toilet, it didn't even register that it lived here. I was just so freaked out to see a snake in the toilet! That snake is NOT living in our bedroom anymore! He is coming out immediately! Do you have any idea what I would have done if that thing was found in our bed? (Shudder). In fact, I think we need to have a talk about how having reptiles is not a good thing when you have kids, and maybe Mr. Snake needs a new home! I'm going to bed now, probably to have violent nightmares about snakes in my bed. Good night!

No comments: