Sunday, December 18, 2005

The sun is peeking out

Sorry, I know that's corny, but hey I did end my last post with "All I see are dark clouds". I'm feeling a little better today. Thank goodness for small miracles. The pain has subsided substantially, at least for now. I'm going to try and leave the house today, if even just to go get the mail. I have cabin fever big time. Plus, I don't know if it is the medication or what, but I am always hot. I mean the kind of hot where sweat is dripping down your face and back, you are ripping the sliding door open as fast as you can while screaming "Turn the heat down!" The more hot I get, the more nauseous I feel, so it is imperative that I cool down quickly. Yesterday I went and sat out on the front steps, crying and hunched over in pain, and trying not to throw up. The neighbors got a good show! Of course Joe is just coming down off of a nasty cold, so he is secretly turning the heat UP and closing the slider. I think he is ready for me to feel better. Soon. I remember back a few weeks ago when the doctor's office called and told me my surgery would be on the 14th. I remember thinking "Oh, right before Christmas. That will actually be good. I can recover in my very festive house, drink hot chocolate, and listen to Christmas Carols while I enjoy my extra week off from work." Why is it that nothing ever goes the way you had it planned in your head? Being sick during Christmas has done nothing but make me feel sad and crazed at the same time. While other people are out enjoying the holiday season, here I am, stuck in bed. And while I am laying here, I'm thinking about the ten thousand things I still have to do before Christmas, which is SIX DAYS AWAY. I still have some shopping to do, I have wrapped nothing, and I have to do laundry and pack for a two week trip to San Francisco. I also have to figure out how I am going to get the presents I did buy up there in my suitcase, since I never got around to sending them through the mail. I bummed too, because Joe and I had tossed around the idea of going to Disneyland sometime this week. No, we weren't going to go on any rides. We were just going to soak up the Christmas spirit.(Which I am in dire need of right now), Maybe see the parade. Well, Joe sat down to look at the budget last night, and it isn't going to happen. I seriously don't know how families afford to go there! It's over a hundred dollars just for the two of us! I guess I'll just have to soak up the Christmas spirit here at home. I was planning on asking Joe for a yearly pass for my birthday, so maybe we can go then. At least I'm feeling a little bit better today, and hope to feel even better tomorrow.

No comments: