Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tomorrow is the big day

Well, this is it. My last night before the surgery. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit freaked out. And Joe is gone tonight teaching a final. Not good. I have too many thoughts in my head, and shouldn't be alone with them for too long. We had to stop watching Grey's Anatomy a quarter of the way through because they kept showing people in surgery and I kept asking "Am I going to look like that"? "Are they going to be doing that to me?" Joe decided it was best for me to stay away form the medical shows, at least for the time being. Hey, he should be happy I'm not watching "When Anesthesia Fails" on the Discovery Channel like I did two day before my last surgery! I have been banned from the Discovery Channel completely until after my surgery. Joe should be home soon from school, after he goes to the store to get the list of things I gave him. The following is my list of demands requests I have made to help my recovery go more smoothly.

1. Get the Percocet filled BEFORE the surgery, not on the way home(like my first surgery)
2. A bottle of Tylenol. We're all out, and I might need it between Percocets.
3. A heating pad. This is a necessity! It really helps with the pain, and I lost mine while visiting Lisa this summer.
4. Bagels and cream cheese. This is the only thing I feel like eating when I am not feeling good.
5. Orange juice and Gatorade. Have to stay hydrated you know.
6. An assortment of hot teas with fresh lemon and honey. I swear this helps with the cramps.
7. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Just because I want it.
8. Magazines.
9. Chicken Noodle Soup, because one cannot live on bagels alone.

I think that was it. I already bought myself some new jammies and fuzzy socks. Now I just have to wait for the anesthesiologist to call and go over the procedure(again!) I did talk to the surgery center today, and they're making me spend the night, even though my doctor said it wasn't necessary as long as I had my hideous machine at home, which I do. The nurse wouldn't budge though, and said it was for my own safety that I stay the night, even though I don't want to. I hate spending the night in the hospital. I simply cannot sleep. And since I stayed at the out-patient center(and will be again), I was the ONLY patient there and the nurses went to sleep! When I had to go to the bathroom at 2:00 in the morning, I called and called, and nobody ever came! I ended up getting out of bed and going by myself! I wish I could come home to my own cozy bed. I am going to be exhausted by Thursday. I told Joe that if something should happen to me, he should still go to China and get Sophie. I know it is HIGHLY unlikely that anything will happen, but you just never know. I was really bummed when Lisa told me China won't let single men adopt. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get better quick and go with him to get her. Well, Joe's home now, so I should be going. I'll try to post tomorrow before we leave. The surgery's not till two.

No comments: