Monday, December 19, 2005

Insomnia

It's three O'clock in the morning, and here I am, posting to my blog, so you probably think things aren't going so well. The truth is, things are doing O.K. I just can't sleep. I went to bed with a bit of a fever last night, but judging by the wetness of my sheets, it has broken now. I'm glad, because the fever had Joe totally freaked out. The "hole" on my right side came un-bandaged, and boy is it ugly. It is roughly the size of a quarter, with 4 large jagged stitches holding it together. So much for a neat little scar. I can see now why it has been causing me such pain. It is quite bruised at the incision site, and the bruising extends an inch or two in towards the belly button. It really is the main source of my pain right now. I stopped taking the Percocet and am only taking the Tylenol for now. I caught a little of Joe's cold, so I have a lot of Phlegm that I'm trying to cough out, and THAT hurts. That's one of the main reasons I had to get up. I can't stop coughing while I'm laying down, and it just hurts too much to cough anymore. During my last surgery, I went back to work on day six, which would be Tuesday. There's no way that's going to happen this time. I am simply in too much pain to go back to work. We have only a three day work week anyway, until Christmas break, so they'll be alright without me a couple more days. I have to do what's right for me right now. I don't often do that. I have so much to do before we leave on Friday. It's a bit overwhelming. Joe won't be around much these next few days, as he has one last final to give today, and then he has only two days to turn in his grades for the semester. Two days! That's so crazy. He teaches 7 classes, with an average of 15-25 in each class. That's between 105 and 175 grades he has to complete in just two days. AND he doesn't even get paid for his time. Don't get me started on his job. We'd be here all day! I'm going to try and get back to bed now. I think I will start to feel better with each passing day.(I pray)

No comments: