Tuesday, May 23, 2006

3.5 more pounds down

Thanks for the kind words on my last post. That post was due directly to the fact that my co-workers told me that a former co-worker of mine came to visit on Friday after I left. She turned twenty-one a few months ago. She is unmarried, unemployed, and irresponsible. She is a few other things too, but this is a G-rated blog, so we won't go there. She didn't even graduate high school. And she tried to get pregnant(with her abusive boyfriend). And she succeeded the first time. Yesterday my co-workers spent fifteen minutes telling me how she is positively "glowing", she seems so "calm and grounded", and how happy she looks. I had to get up and go into the bathroom to hide my pain and disgust. Yes, as a matter of fact I do work with a bunch 0f clueless, insensitive people. That's beside the point. I'm having a hard time with this one. A very hard time. I'm feeling angry and bitter and sad. I'll get over it. I'll keep plugging along. I always do. Enough about that. It isn't worth any more of my time or heartache. I lost another three and a half pounds this week! Woo Hoo! I've lost eleven pounds in the last three weeks. I still can't believe it. That is very good for me. Usually I average around one to one and a half pounds a week. The first time I joined W.W. it took me almost six weeks to lose that same amount. I am soooo happy. I know the weight loss will slow down at some point, but right now it is awesome.

4 comments:

glo said...

Wow girl, you are doing absolutely wonderful with the weight loss. Keep up the good work. Just keep taking good care of yourself for all who love you and the little one to be also.

Laura said...

Great job on WW! Sorry your co-workers are so insensitive, that must really get OLD sometimes! Keep your chin up, they are not worth stressing over!

Joannah said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's fantastic!

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! So sorry that your co workers are so insensitive and thoughtless...

Cyber Hugs
Lisa