Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The test results are in......

And the news is........good! Better than I expected. I have an autoimmune disease that is causing my kidneys to function improperly. That's also what is causing the high blood pressure. We aren't sure what kind of autoimmune disease it is yet. To find out, I have to have a kidney biopsy. It doesn't sound very pleasant, but it will tell us exactly whats wrong and how to go about treating it. The best news is that he agreed to write a letter for the adoption saying that this is treatable and I am expected to make a full recovery. Yahoo! This means we can get our dossier finished and hopefully turned in by June. I am sooooo relieved.
We won't be in Limbo anymore. We can actually move forward. Yes! The doctor was thrilled with the amount of weight I lost too. According to their scale, I lost eight pounds. In two weeks! That's very good! I think I can do this. I just have to take it one week at a time, and when I'm finished, I'll be slim and healthy for both myself and Sophie. The only bummer is I have been banned from exercising until my blood pressure comes down. It was dangerously high again today. I was just starting to get into the groove! He says it shouldn't be more than a week until the medication he gave me starts working. I am feeling so relieved right now, I can't even tell you. A very good day!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo Hoooo! Congratulations, I have been waiting for your test results.

glo said...

Glad to hear you got some good news. Also glad yor DR will sign the needed info to proceed with the adoption. Congrats on your weight loss too. You are doing great!!!

Shelley said...

Wow - triple good news. Let me know if I can do anything for you Michelle.

Shelley

Elle said...

Good news! I am so happy that you are going to be able to move forward with the adoption!!!!!!!

Stephanie V said...

That is good news! And the letter, even better!

Kim said...

That IS good news!!! Also, congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great!

Kim

Kristin said...

Wonderful news!!

Sandra said...

Awesome!! So glad to hear you are back on the paperchase trail again and so close to DTC!

Sofie said...

We are adopting from China also, and I saw your blog awhile ago. I have been checking back every few days to see if you had heard anything from the Dr. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Katie

Michele said...

I visit your blog often, but never comment. Today felt like the time to "speak up!!" Congratulaitons on the good news. Although the biopsy won't be fun, it will give you the answers that you need. I am so glad that the doctor will write the letter so you can move forward in your journey to Sophie. My two little girls (both from China) are my life and Sophie WILL bring you great joy. One step closer, my friend. Hang in there.

Michele, Moom to Emily and Alyssa
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com

Ava's family said...

Wonderful news!!!!

Joannah said...

That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT day! Congrats on the letter - can't wait till you are DTC.

Debra Sue said...

That's awesome news! It sounds like you're on the road to a diagnosis which means treatment and feeling great!
Have they ruled out Lupus? My DH has Lupus, and your symptoms sound pretty similar. I'm not a Dr. but, familiarity breeds speculation. Good news about it is he's been in remission for 11 years and is still going strong. I hope everything works out for the best.
Deb

P.S. I am so with you on the mother's day yuck. Nevertheless, it will be a day we'll enjoy soon enough. Hang tight.

t said...

congrats, michelle. that is wonderful news!!!