Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I found the song!

Ever since I made Gracie's adoption video, I have been looking for that one special song to use for Sophie's video. (Yeah, I know it's early, but I want to include some of the paperchase in it too.) I was going to use the same song, because it truly is beautiful, but I feel like it is Gracie's song now and I wanted Sophie to have her own. Anyway, for almost two years I have been searching for that perfect song. Well, I found it! I first heard it on the T.V. show Medium's season finale. I knew it was a Dixie Chick's song the moment I heard it. I hadn't heard all of the words, only the chorus, but I liked it. I love, love, love the Dixie Chicks. LOVE THEM. I don't care about their political beliefs. I just love their music. (Did I mention I love them?) Anyway, I picked up their C.D. this weekend, and got to hear all of the words to a song on their new C.D. Taking the Long Way. It is called Lullaby. You can hear it here. It's a beautiful song. I think it will be perfect. I can't wait until we have pictures of our beautiful child to put into a slideshow with that song. Right now it feels like that will never happen. Joe called the doctor today about the letter he was writing for our medical forms. He hasn't written it yet. He has decided he wants to wait until the biopsy results are in. This is not what he told us when we were sitting in his office two weeks ago. This is going to delay us by another week. I'm beginning to feel like we will never be DTC. The rest of our dossier is ready to be sent. We just need those medical forms so our social worker can put the finishing touches on our home-study. It is so hard not to lose hope. Especially right now, when I am laying flat on my back in pain. So hard. It looks like I won't be going to work tomorrow either. I have to get out of this house. I'm going stir crazy. And now I'm depressed. I have to believe this is all going to work out in the end. Oh, and on a side note, this weekend was the four year anniversary of when we started trying to conceive. Four years ago on Memorial Day we began charting my cycle and actively trying to become pregnant. Forty-eight wasted months. If we had begun the adoption process just two years ago, we would have our baby right now. I don't know how much longer I can wait.



The lyrics to "Lullaby":
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
Is forever enough

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your song choice is perfect. I hope your biopsy comes back very soon and normal.


Tracy

Kristin said...

that new dixie chicks album is wonderful... great choice!

sorry things are so bleak right now... you will get there, just hang on a little longer ;-)

((hugs))

Gracencameronsmomy said...

good song! Did you steal it? Ha ha...How can I put a link for Gracie's video on the sidebar of my blog?
Lisa

Wendy said...

Isn't that the best song? I love it too and plan on using it when we make our video of when we meet Camille (sometime this year???).

Black Min said...

The best electronica ringtones in 2017
Hi everyone!
Does your phone have good and attractive ringtones? Today I will share with you the best electronica ringtones in 2017. You can refer and see more instructions to download ringtones for your phone.

Top ringtone for your phone:
- airtel ringtone mp3
- mario ringtone mp3
- Arabic ringtone mp3
- Good Morning ringtone mp3
- Stranger Things ringtone mp3

There are also many other ringtones, you can see more at the homepage: https://bestringtonesfree.net/
All ringtones are downloaded for free. Hope some of our updates can bring a whole new look to the ringtone market worldwide.

Sophie Grace said...

I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job . Keep it up. THis is nice site piknu about instagram.