Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home from the hospital

Well, I'm home from the hospital. Finally. That certainly is an all day ordeal! But my kidney biopsy is done. That's a relief. They took me in at 8:45, right on time. The procedure itself was not too bad. The most painful part was the shot to numb the area. I did feel the needle go in, and it was pretty uncomfortable, but I told the nurse and she put more meds in my I.V. and then I don't remember much else. I barely remember the ride on the gurney back to my room, even though Joe said I was conscious. Then I got to eat, and nap, and watch some T.V. and read my book. I had literally no pain while at the hospital. I am starting to feel it now. I did get into trouble when my doctor came to see me and I had my hospital bed in a sitting up position. Apparently I was supposed to be laying completely flat for six hours. Oops! After he left the nurse said it was O.K. as long as I wasn't getting up and around(which I did, to go to the bathroom, but I didn't tell her!) I guess I'm not a very good patient! I'm feeling some pain now. It feels kind of like I threw my back out. But only on one side. I'm fine as long as I am laying flat, but it is hard to sit up and I definetely can't turn to either side. It's not horrible though. Just uncomfortable. The doctor who did my procedure said I should NOT go to work on Thursday, but if I feel up to it, I'm going to. I might have to wrestle the car keys away from Joe to do it though. There are other people who took off this week, and I really am needed there. We'll see how I feel. I feel bad taking so much time off. I've been off since Friday! Talk about a long weekend! They won't have the results of my biopsy until next week. I'm going to try not to think about it. At least the biopsy is over with. I'm getting kind of tired, so I'm going to sign off for now. Pictures later, from the fun Memorial Day and the hospital. (Yeah, I made my husband take pictures of me in the hospital. I'm weird like that.)


Shelley said...

I'm sure it's a relief to have the biopsy behind you Michelle. Let me know if you need anything.


Joannah said...

Glad to know you got that over with. I'm hoping your results are in quickly and that the treatment will be easy breezy! ;-)

Glo said...

I am glad to hear your procedure did go well "this time" and it is a done deal for you. I did not forget your biopsy Tues. Iwas dealing with a crashed computer. tried to restore, reinstalled all the disks and also tried just windows xp no go. yesterday I bought a new tour for an old desktop. At least I am back online and Blogging again. have a really nice weekend, and enjoy all that great summer food.