Monday, May 15, 2006

Back to normal

Well, I'm back to my sweet, normal self today(stop laughing). I am over the bitterness I was feeling yesterday. Mother's day is really a hard day for me. I dread it. I'm glad it's over. I truly do miss my mom on that day, and it is a horrible day for infertile women. You wouldn't understand it unless you have experienced it. I know it won't always be this way, but it has been a hard day since my mom died, and even harder since we started trying to get pregnant. At least we don't have that part to worry about anymore. Anyway, I'm feeling "normal" again. As normal as I get anyway! Had a pretty good day. Work was good. It is a beautiful day and I'm sitting here with the back door open and the breeze blowing in, typing on my laptop, which I am still totally in love with. So that's good. I'm about to go to the store to buy some chicken and corn on the cob to BBQ for dinner, and that's good. It's all good! Hope your day was the same!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yummy sounding dinner! When can we come over! I am glad you are feeling better about Mother's Day. While I have difficulty celebrating, it is only because I am still waiting to become a mom. I am fortunate that my mother is still living, and we had a wonderful dinner with her.

That being said...don't even ask about father's day.......my Dad died almost 2 years ago....

I guess we all have difficult days for different and equally difficult reasons.

Hope you have a good evening and a great day tomorrow!

By the way, any news about your test results?

Laura

Shelley said...

I'm sorry about your Mom, Michelle. I can't even imagine.

But am glad you're feeling a little better today.

Shell

Kim said...

Having lost my Mother and being infertile, I can totally relate.

I know how horrible it is to lose your mom and I am sorry that you're going through that pain.

I'm glad that you're feeling a little better. Keep your chin up and keep reminding yourself that motherhood IS in your future!

Kim

Kim M. said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I can't imagine how hard Sunday must have been. Hope dinner was good!

Sandra said...

She's BAAACCCKKKK! YEAH! Comfort food sounds good!