Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not Alotta

I simply don't have much to blog about right now. Not a lot is going on. I have been anxiuosly awaiting the letter from my doctor so I can go and pick up my medical forms from my primary doc. It still is not here. Darn it! We can't move forward until we have that letter. That's it, when I see the doctor tomorrow I am going to demand ask nicely when the letter will be done. It has been over a week already! I'll be spending all day at the hospital tomorrow, having a kidney biospy done. Too fun! I have to check in at 11:00 a.m. The procedure us from 1:00-2:00 and then I have to stay five more hours so they can monitor me for internal bleeding. Five hours! That seems like a bit much to me. But hey, I'm not a doctor, right? That puts me back home at around 7:30 at night. I told my husband he does not have to stay there the whole time, but he insists. I know he has a ton of finals to grade, and the hospital is not exaclty the most peaceful place to do it. He takes such good care of me. After the procedure I am supposed to lie flat on my back for the next two days. Two days! That also seems excessive to me, but again, not a doctor! So as you can see, I have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend ahead of me. A day at the hospital, followed by two days of bed rest. That much fun should be illegal! Please tell me you people have something more fun than that planned for this weekend. If you do, could you post it in the comments section so I can live vicariously through you? Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm not sure if I'll be posting tomorrow night, as the radiologist tells me I'll be pretty out of it. I think she called it "twilight". Oooooooohhh.....twilight sounds pretty. And peaceful. I may just enjoy this after all! :)

3 comments:

Joannah said...

I'll be writing papers! How's that for fun. You just be a good patient and let your hubby take good care of you. Keep us updated!

Tonia said...

We're planning on being river rats the whole weekend. Sunning our buns, doing a little fishing. Ms. D. loves digging in the sand. Hope your up and at it in no time. Get a pile of trash magazines and catch up on the latest Brit and K Fed, Brangalina, Tomkat news.

~Hugs from Florida
http://ourfulingprincess.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

Good luck and enjoy the "twilight." I will be thinking of you and pray that everything checks out a-okay. Nothing special planned for the weekend except chasing after my two little girls from China....something that YOU will be doing soon too!!!

Michele
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com