Thursday, April 05, 2007

Got Cranberry Juice?


I do. Three quarts to be exact. That's a lotta cranberry juice. Did I mention I'm not that fond of cranberry juice? Well, I'm not. But I have to drink it. My bladder and kidney infections are not getting better, despite the antibiotics the doc gave me. Did you know bladder infections and kidney infections are two totally separate things? I didn't. Until now. I also did not realize they were so painful. They are. Very painful. So I down cranberry juice like it is going out of style. Ugh. The good news is that I am home on the couch now, with the next ten glorious days off. Ten days! I cannot tell you how happy I am about that. I guess I just did. :) Oh, and my surgery has been scheduled. On May 11 th I am having all of my girl parts removed. Good riddance. They never did me any good anyhow. And yet I am still a little sad. And scared. But mostly happy. It will be done with. I won't have to worry about it ever again. Good.

4 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

Hi Michelle, Have you tried cranberry pills? You get can get 'em at health food stores and they help too. A more pure form as juices are diluted. Congrats on a surgery date and I know what you mean. Since DH was "clipped" and we too can't have kids (well I never could anyway) I was bit sad knowing we can't even have an "opps" baby. And then to get a monthly reminder of that fact stinks too. But just think how much better you will feel. Hope your job hunting is going good. Love your new bracelets too! Susan in MT.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Ummm I hate to say this but when my DD gets kidney infections she has to have at least one dose of IV antibiotics.

Her first was so severe her body started to shut down and it took 5 days in the hospital. Now they start IV first and ask questions later.

Joannah said...

Gosh... I hope you feel better soon, Michelle.

Hopefully, I'll see you next Friday?

Kristin said...

Ugh. You poor thing... can you mix the cranberry juice with vodka? ;-)

BTW - thank you for your sweet words on my blog... it was harder to admit than decide if you can imagine...

Have a great Easter.