Monday, April 16, 2007

What has the World come to

I find this hard to even type. I have been crying for much of the afternoon. How could this happen? Why? I can't comprehend it. My husband works at a college. His cell phone has been broken for three weeks. Mine has too. I lost the charger. I could not get a hold of him until 1:00 this afternoon, when he called me at work from home. I know nothing happened here, but it was terirfying. I feel numb. I cannot explain the deep sense of dread and sadness I feel for those thirty three people who died. My husband is devastated. I have never seen him like this. I don't know what to say to make it better. He doesn't want to go to class tomorrow because he doesn't know what to say to his classes. He is planning on cancelling his lessons and just being open to talk about how the students are feeling. He is a big proponent of gun control. Please don't leave me comments stating your stance against it. I don't care and I don't want to hear it. This should never have happened. I am sad. What do we have to do to get an education these days? Go through security procedures like we do at the airports? I don't know. I just don't know. I had such a lovely weekend, and now this. My prayers will be with those who were injured and killed, and their families.



In case you live under a rock, I am referring to this. It is a tragedy and I am sad.

4 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Speechless! Prayers for your husband as he tries to "deal" and help with the greaving....

Hugs
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My husband's a teacher too. (High school though) He plans to throw open the floor to dicussion about it.

HUGS

Shelley said...

Absolutely.
Unbelievably.
Senseless.

Bless Joe for trying to help in the healing.

Anonymous said...

I heard about the horrible news when I got home. It is so terrible. My heart goes out to the victims and their friends and families at this sad sad time.