Thursday, April 19, 2007

Strep Throat

I have had a nagging sore throat for the last four days. I am just getting over a cold, so I attributed it to post nasal drip, or just the end of a cold. That is until Tuesday night(morning) at three a.m. when I woke up with what felt like a huge lump in my throat. I could'nt even swallow. I gargled with salt water, drank some water and went back to bed. The throat pain was not getting any better, and I was finding it diffiucult to eat(I know, the Horror), so I called to make an appoinment with my doc. They couldn't get me in until Friday. I thought I could tough it out, but today the pain is pretty bad and I a found it very difficult to swallow, even liquids. I got up and went to work(why do I always do this?) but went straight to the Urgent Care when someone else came in. The diagnosis? Yup, Strep throat. No wonder it hurts! I feel terrible because that means I was contagious when I met up with my Blogger friends at Disneyland last weekend. I'm sorry girls! I truly thought I had a normal, run of the mill cold going on. My throat didn't even start hurting until Monday night. I was very careful not to share water with anyone, but I was blowing my nose like crazy and there wasn't always oppurtunities for me to wash my hands. I sure hope I didn't infect anyone. I will feel terrible. I'm off to post a message on our Yahoo group, then to bed. Strep. Yuck.

3 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I'm right there with ya, sister. Rest well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are so sick. Sounds like you had quite a week though and your body is taking you down for it. hehe. You did a good job of trying not to expose us so I still have hope no one else catches it. But if my throat starts hurting I'm going to the doc right away. :-) Feel better. Then keep in touch. It was so nice to meet you!
PS: I'm only 90n miles away, not too far for an occasional get-together.

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Ugg! Bummer