Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I was so busy I forgot to post yesterday. Appparently. Or, it is the fact that now that I sit in front of a computer all day I am less inclined to want to do it when I come home. Or I'm just plain lazy. Take your pick. Anyway I am greatly enjoying my day off. I've probably never mentioned this before, but I love having Wednesdays off. What? I have mentioned it once or twice? (Or five or six, whatever). I slept in, had a leisurly cup of coffee and finished up some bracelets I have been working on. In a few minutes Joe and I are headed off the to L.A. County Fair. It is kind of bittersweet, because going to the Fair was something my Mom and I did every year for as long as I can remember. When she died I stopped going. I couldn't bear the thought of going without her. I attended other functions at that particular fairground, but never the Fair. Well, it's been eleven years(almost) that my Mom has been gone and I think I'm ready to try it. If it makes me sad, we'll leave. But I hope it doesn't. I hope it brings back good memories of the times my Mom and I had there, and I have a great time. I have a feeling that will be the case. I'll let you know. I'll be back later with my three thanks. Enjoy your "Hump Day"! It's all downhill from here.

(I hope you all know the meaning of the term "Hump Day" and don't think I am being creepy. If you have no idea what I am talking about, go here.)

1 comment:

Kylie's momma said...

Oh Michele, I can understand your misgivings about going back but glad you're working on going now...so when Miss Sophie gets here you can take her every year and start a new tradition. So hope it went well and you enjoy yourself. And oooh the yuuummmy Fair food rocks! :^)