Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In a Funk

I know this is supposed to be the Happy Blog now, but some days just aren't.(Happy)
I'm not feeling well. It is the nature of my type of kidney disease for me to have "episodes" where I feel lousy. I am in one of those now. It started yesterday. Headache, backache, fatigue, blood in my urine(Gross, I know. Sorry). Just an overall feeling of yuckiness. Thank goodness I have today off. I am loving having a day off in the middle of the week. These usually only last a few days, so I should start feeling better tomorrow. I did manage to get over to Super Suppers today to get some meals made. I am finding it hard to make dinner when I don't get home until five-thirty. I am used to getting off much earlier. I am tired when I get home and the last thing I want to do is cook. That's why Super Suppers is a Godsend for me. I made twelve meals, which should last us over two weeks since I don't cook when Joe is working nights(sometimes I just have a bowl of cereal for dinner on those nights) and we generally just have a frozen Pizza on Sunday nights. The best part is that Joe is home before me and will begin cooking the meals so they are either done or almost done when I get home. This will save me a lot of hassle and a lot of last minute take out when I just can't find the energy to cook. It ends up saving us money too, because I only have to go to the grocery store for fresh veggies and fruit, milk and cereal and such. And the food is soooooooo good. Tomorrow we're having pan fried ravioli w/tomato cream sauce and garlic bread. Yum!

Here are my three thanks for today:
1. I am thankful I had today off when I wasn't feeling good.
2. I am thankful that I don't have to worry about dinners for two whole weeks.
3. I am thankful for my doggie. I have been missing Tessie a lot lately and she is always so happy to see me when I come home.

1 comment:

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!