Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thankful Thursday

In all of the excitement over my first day, I completely forgot about Thankful Thursday. Go on over here and list three things you are thankful for. Here are mine for today:
1.I am thankful my first day went well and that I like the job.
2. To get to my new job I have to take one of our local toll roads. It winds though some hills and the view is quite pretty. I am thankful that I no longer have to drive on the freeway and my commute is now pretty.
3. I am thankful for my heat pack. Somehow I strained my neck while sleeping(?) and it has been hurting for two days. I got home and put my heat pack on it right away and it already feels better.

What Are YOU Thankful For?

My first day went GREAT! I really like it. We were busy, busy, busy. Answering phones, making appointments, typing letters, pulling and filing charts. I like being busy. I didn't realize until I worked somewhere else how bored I was at my last job. You see, I have never had another job besides working in child care/preschool. I have done that since I was sixteen years old. I think I just got completely burnt out. Not once today did I have to say "Use your inside voice" or "We don't climb on the table like that". Now I can save all of those phrases for when we have Sophie! :) Seriously though, I truly enjoyed my day. I can't remember the last time I said that about my job. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well. So far I am off to a great start.

6 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

Wahooooo! You deserve it Michelle! Enjoy your new adventure! Susan

Joannah said...

Wonderful! I'm glad you are enjoying getting to work, and your tasks once you get there. There's nothing like have a job you truly enjoy and that challenges your mind. I hope tomorrow will be just as good.

Kristin said...

Glad it went well... email and tell me who you are working for... my kids go to DiGiovanni here in Laguna, but I like to know what's out there!

Kayce said...

YEAH!! I was thinking about you and wondering if you were having fun. Glad you did! The toll road you described sounds like you're heading to Laguna area...MY FAVE!!!!

Michele said...

Glad you had such a great first day. It is so nice when you enjoy your job and you are busy. Have a super weekend!!

Michele

Shelley said...

So glad to hear this news Michelle. You deserve this!!