Friday, September 14, 2007

I am so glad it is Friday. Today was so hectic. I am stuggling a bit at my new job. There is just so much that I have to learn and remember and it is at times overwhelming. I was at my last job for fourteen years. I was the one everybody came to when they had a question. Now I'm the one asking all of the questions, sometimes the same question several times a day. I hate that I can't even answer a question on the phone without asking someone else what the answer is. I know this is due in part to my being a perfectionist. I want everything to be in order, to be right. And I get frustrated when it isn't. Especially when I am the one to blame for it not being right. I know this will get better. I will learn what needs to be learned. I will stop making stupid mistakes. I have only been there for nine days. Nine days! I think I'm doing pretty well for nine days. Anyway, today is over and Monday is a new day. And it is the weekend, so Yay for that.

My three thanks:
1. I am thankful it is Friday.
2. I am thankful for the books my husband keeps bringing home(for free!) I am in the middle of Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and have a stack of four others on my nightstand waiting to be read.
3. I am thankful my hubby is home with me right now, watching a movie instead of at work.

2 comments:

Kayce said...

Oh how I don't miss dentistry at ALL!! I worked in the field for 10+ years...Just relax and pretend to love your job and the DDS!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Dentist are really, REALLY hard to work for. Hang in there, it will get better.