Monday, September 24, 2007

I am feeling much better today. I was able to get some sleep last night, with the Percoset and muscle relaxant. I won't take anything stronger than Tylenol when I am working, and I did O.K. for most of today. I did have a period of about an hour where I was having a lot of pain, but I just kept walking up and down the hall and it went away. Walking seems to help with the pain. This is fine during the day, but does not work at all for me at 2:00 in the morning when I need to sleep. The pain was constant Friday night and all day and night Saturday, so I am encouraged that I only had one or two episodes of pain today. I hope this means it will go away completely. I don't know though. I need to do some "Googling" of Sciatica to learn more about it. Apparently I have had this abnormality in my spine since I was born, and it was the trauma from exercising that caused it to move forward and pinch the nerves. The ER doc said that people with this spine abnormality suffer chronic lower back and neck pain. Both of these have been true for me for as long as I can remember. I never went to the doctor for it, because it didn't bother me that much. Until this weekend. I never want to go through something that painful again. I am so tired today that I could go to bed right now. I don't want to miss Dancing with the Stars though. I am so excited it is back!
My three thanks:
1. I am so grateful to be feeling better, with very little pain.
2. I am grateful for muscle relaxants. They are what allowed me to get some sleep last night.
3. I am grateful dinner was made when I got home tonight. Still loving those pre-made meals.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so sorry that you are having such back troubles! I hope that you slept OK last night and that work went well today. Hang in there! :-)

Kylie's momma said...

Geez louise! Bummer! But at least you figured it out BEFORE you blew you back out! Drugs can be a GOOD thing! Hope it's feeling even better today! Take it easy!