Tuesday, September 04, 2007

To post or not to post?

That has been the question running through my head for the last hour. I got some good news today, but I am hesitant to share it because of what happened the last time. But hey, you're gonna guess anyway, so I might as well spill it. Are you ready for this? I got a job! I had a job interview scheduled for today at 9:45. So I get up this morning and get all gussied up and drive over to the interview. What started out as a job interview turned into me working half a day, which ended up with them offering me the job on the spot! I knew it was going well when the office manager was with a patient and the phone was ringing and she turned to me and said "Could you get that?". So I answered it, and made an appointment for the person calling! The best part is that I had a checklist of five things I wanted out of a new job. The search has been going so abysmally that I was willing to cut it down to two or three. Well this job has four out of the five things that I wanted! I can hardly believe it. I think I am still in shock. I start on Thursday! I will be working four days a week, Mon, Tues, Thurs. and Fridays. The office is closed on Wednesdays. This works out great, as I was thinking of not working five days anyway. I am just so tired by Friday, I think due to the kindey disease, that it will be nice to have a day off in the middle of the week. That way I can also make all of my doctor's appopintments on that day and not have to miss work. That was one of concerns on the top of my list. Oh, it is an orthodontics office. I am so relieved. And happy. And relieved. Off to celebrate! And buy some scrubs.


Three thanks for today:
1. I am thankful to have a job.
2. I am thankful to have a job.
3. I am thankful to have a job!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! I knew you would get the right job. sometimes it just takes awhile. think of this as your life taking an upswing now. guess it pays to look at the postive things. i need to try that as we all need a little boost sometimes. i know you'll do great. a person who lurks your blog and has been hoping and praying for you....linda

Kayce said...

YEAHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations! Oh and happy 10 by the way!

Joannah said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

Stacey T. said...

Congratulations!!!!! What an exciting day for you!!!!!

Kylie's momma said...

Wahoooooooooooooo! So very happy for you! Sure hope they have the all important insurance that you were looking for. Now get a good nights sleep! You have a JOB!!!!!
Doing the Snoopy dance for you! :-)
Susan

M3 said...

Michelle that is wonderful news!!!! Just wonderful. Oh man, I am so excited for you!!!

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Yay!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Congratulations !

I knew the RIGHT job would come along. It sounds like you are going to be getting some great experience.

When I was working I loved having a weekday off. It is so nice to run errands when the rest of the world is working lol.

They make the funnest scrubs now days.


ENJOY

Rebel said...

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!!

I have been hoping, wishing, and most importantly, praying for you!!!

Enjoy every second of your new job... when you are doing something you enjoy, time flies... and that will make the wait for your daughter go much faster!

Cheers from Australia! Rebel

Shelley said...

That is awesome news Michelle! I knew you would do it!

Congrats!!

Shell

redmaryjanes said...

YEEAAHH!!!
Girl, I have been on pins and needles hoping that things would work out. I'm so happy for you!

Laura said...

Yea Michelle! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about your first day! Good luck tomorrow!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF WORK !