Friday, October 14, 2005

I wasn't going to post today, because I have nothing new to report, but then I remembered I am suppsosed to be keeping a pain journal, so I changed my mind. My day started horribly. I arose at 5:30 as usual and hopped into the shower (Well, I didn't really "hop". There is no hopping being done by me at 5:30 a.m.) Got out, started putting on my makeup. So far, so good. The trouble started when I began to blow-dry my hair. It started with some mild cramping, which quickly elavated to severe cramping, soon rising to the level of "oh please make it stop make it stop make it stop." I became extremely nauseous, and quickly threw up whatever was in my stomach from the night before. At this point I had broken out in a sweat the pain was so bad. I went to lie on the end of the bed by the fan, to try and cool myself down or I knew I was going to have to throw up again, probably dry heaves this time. I began to cry, laying at the end of the bed feeling nauseous and in extreme pain. My loving husband reached down and patted me on the back before rolling over and going back to sleep. He is accustomed to me starting my mornings this way. By this time it was 6:05. My hair had not been dried and my makeup had all been cried off. I looked lovely. I had to pull my hair into a ponytail, fix my smeared mascara and finish getting dressed so I could leave by 6:15. Somehow I managed to do all of those things and arrive at work on time. I was still feeling terrible, but I was going to be alone all morning because my boss had an appointment. I wasn't sure if i was going to make it on my own, so I called a coworker to see if she could come in early. She arrived an hour later, at which point I was feeling so lousy I laid down on the couch. There is nothing like feeling crummy and laying on a smelly couch while five year olds peer down at you like you are a fish in a bowl asking every five minutes "Why is Miss Michelle asleep?" Rested for exactly 12 minutes before it was time to order the kids lunch, followed shortly by me driving to pick up said lunches. Served lunches to children, handled several disputes before I couldn't take any more and told my boss "I'm going home". It was 1:00 in the afternoon. It was a miracle I lasted that long. I don't remember the drive home. As soon as I got home I got straight into bed, and stayed there until I got up an hour ago to write this post and check my email. The pain is better now. We'll see how it is tomorrow morning. It always seems to be bad early in the morning.

No comments: