Saturday, October 08, 2005

More anger issues...

I forgot one more thing that has ticked me off in the last two days. I just recieved some info about a former co-worker of mine. We haven't worked together in 3 years, but I see here now and again at school. She is 24 years old. When we worked together, she was just turning 21 and planning to marry her high school sweetheart. Everyone(coworkers, friends, parents) told her she should wait to get married, that she was too young. She wasn't listening to them, and was planning her wedding. I completely supported her decision. After all, I married my high school sweetheart at barely 22(one month past my b-day), and although it hasn't always been easy, I am now married to the love of my life and my best friend. I supported her throughout the entire wedding process, and attended her wedding. We had been trying to have a baby for a year at that point. Four months after her wedding, she announced that she was pregnant. I was devastated. She had only been trying for four months! But still I acted happy for her and got her a very nice baby shower gift. Her little boy is almost two and adorable and yes, I am a little bit jealous. I just heard from another co-worker yesterday that they are getting a divorce. What the??? Why are people so stupid? How come they can stay together without kids, but go ahead and have them and then get a divorce? I agree with Dr. Phil when he says you have to earn your way out of a marriage. you can't just give up when it gets too tough. Joe and I have gone through five years of counseling. FIVE years!! You don't think one or the other of us thought about giving up at one time or another? Of course we did. But we stuck it out. Because marriage is a lifelong commitment. No one said it would be easy. But the rewards far outweigh everything else. Now this child must grow up in a broken home because his parents won't do the work to stay together. It makes me so mad!


P.S. I found out something else today that didn't exactly tick me off, but made my heart hurt. One of the girls in my infertility group just lost her baby at 7 and 1/2 weeks. It makes me so sad and feel so helpless that there is nothing I can do. It is just so UNFAIR! Hasn't she been through enough? Haven't we ALL been through enough? So T, if you are reading this, please know that I am sooo sorry. I am the lucky one. I only have the pain of not being able to get pregnant. I haven't had to endure the pain of losing a child. My heart goes out to you and anyone else that has had to go through this. My prayers are with you.

No comments: